SOTERIA MOBILE, LLC
- PURPOSE. This Policy explains the manner in which Company collects, utilizes, and maintains non-public information about You. In addition to reviewing this Policy, You should also review the applicable Terms and Conditions. This Policy is meant to be in addition to the Terms and Conditions and You expressly acknowledge and agree that this Policy does not replace the Terms and Conditions.
- INFORMATION COLLECTED. You understand and acknowledge that Your phone number and email address are collected at the time You register to use the app and/or Product.Additionally, You may provide information as You interact with the Product. The use of certain functions with the app and/or Product may trigger the collection of information in addition to Your phone number and email address. Namely, if You declare an emergency within the app and/or Product the following will be collected by Company: (a) Your cell phone number, (b) a certain code related to the type of emergency declared, and (c) Your location based on GPS (global positioning system) data. Further, You acknowledge and understand that using any apps on a cellular device may result in the app using Your location, regardless of whether the app is actually open on Your cellular device. Company may additionally store certain types of non-personal information that are provided by Your computer or mobile device (e.g., IP address).
- USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED. (a) You understand and acknowledge that the information collected as described in paragraph 3 above, including, Your identity, cell phone number, type of emergency and cellular phone number with emergency agencies (e.g., police department, fire department, emergency medical services etc.). Further, Your information may be used by Company to share information about new goods or services offered by Company that may be of interest to You. (b)You also hereby authorize Company to collect information that cannot be used to readily identify You, such as the domain and IP address of Your computer or mobile device. Company may also use information for research and development to better the Product and help focus marketing efforts more precisely. This information described in 4(b) may be used to describe in general terms customers, products, services and to explore potential business opportunities.
- SHARING OF INFORMATION. You understand and acknowledge that Your information may be shared as outlined in paragraph 4 above. Further, You understand and acknowledge that Your information outlined in paragraph 3 will be shared with the central alarm station associated with Company and any affiliated individuals or entities with Company, including employees and independent contractors of Company and third parties that Company may contract with to perform services on its behalf. Company also may share information as required or permitted by law, or in connection with a subpoena, court order or other legal process. Additionally, Company may share any information in connection with a merger, reorganization, debt financing, sale of company assets, acquisition, any similar transaction or bankruptcy.
- THIRD-PARTY SITES/APPS. The Product may contain links to third-party websites or apps as a convenience. Company is not responsible for and cannot control the privacy policies and/or terms and conditions of any other website or app and the inclusion of a link does not mean Company endorses said website or app and You agree Company is not responsible or liable for Your use of another website or app.
- CONTACT PREFERENCES. You may edit Your contact preferences at any time by calling the Central Station Number identified in the Menu Section (right top corner) of the app and/or Product You are using.
- U.S. CUSTOMERS. This Policy applies to residents of the United States. If You are a non-U.S. user of the Product, You consent that Your information may be collected, used and shared in accordance with the terms herein. In addition, You acknowledge that the privacy policies may be less stringent that privacy policies in Your country of residence.
- USE BY CHILDREN. The Product is primarily intended to be used only by adults aged eighteen and over. Parents and guardians should monitor the use of the Product by minor children or should ensure their minor children do not use the product at all. Additionally, the parent or guardian, by entering a service contract, agrees to assume responsibility for use of their minor child(ren).
- MODIFICATION OF POLICY. The Company will continue to develop the Product and improve the Product, app and/or technologies associated therewith and may update this Policy from time to time. You hereby expressly agree that Company may change this Policy at any time and such changes will take effect immediately after being provided to You or being posted within the Product, whichever is first. We encourage You to periodically review this Policy to remain informed of Company’s most recent privacy policies. Your continued use of the Product will constitute Your acceptance of modifications or changes to this Policy.
- QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS. If You have questions or comments regarding this Policy or the terms herein, You can contact Company by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CHOICE OF LAW AND FORUM. For purposes of any suit, action or other legal proceeding arising out of or from, in connection with or relating to this Policy and/or the Product, You and Soteria Mobile irrevocably consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any state or federal court sitting within Columbia County, Georgia. The laws of the State of Georgia, excluding its conflicts of law rules, govern this Policy and Your use of the Product. You and Soteria Mobile waive any objection that either may have to jurisdiction or venue of any such suit, action or other legal proceeding.
- NO THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARIES. You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in this Policy, there shall be, and are, no third party beneficiaries to this Policy.